Interested in joining our team?
Read further below.
Since 1986, Pangolin has amassed over 50,000 clients, firmly positioning our company as a world leader; providing software and hardware solutions to the laser light show and entertainment industries. We have offices in the USA, Central Europe, and Mainland China, and have received 27 awards for technical achievement and product quality. In addition, our software has contributed to more than 400 Artistic Awards for our clients. We have products being used by some of the largest events, companies, and brands currently known, including major theme parks such as Disney World, SeaWorld, Universal Studios, and Six Flags; major motion picture companies such as 20th Century Fox and DreamWorks pictures; high-tech companies such as PC Magazine, Boeing, and Lawrence Livermore Labs; popular brands such as Mountain Dew, Mercedes Benz, Google, Yahoo, T-Mobile, and Motorola; major sports teams and events such as the Orlando Magic, Chicago Bulls, Philadelphia Eagles, and various Super Bowl events; and top-named musical talent and events including Madonna, Drake, Usher, Metallica, Maroon 5, Kanye West and Jay-Z, the Black Eyed Peas, Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, Jean Michel Jarre, Justin Timberlake, Electronic Daisy Carnival, TomorrowLand, Qlimax, Coachella, Tiesto, Armin, Skrillex, and many others.
Chief Software Architect
Duties: Craft and implement systems architectures through direct software programming, as well as interfacing with hardware developers, for the laser display and show production industries, using industry-specific hardware and technologies.
Assign individual programming tasks for the other programmers to follow. Create a development plan, including a timeline which each programmer must follow to accomplish the given task in the desired amount of time.
Serve as lead programmer on projects, using Delphi, an object oriented programming language.
Requirements: Masters in Systems Engineering or foreign equivalent + 2 years of experience as Software Architect working in laser and show production industry.
Servo Research and Development
Description: Pangolin Laser Systems, headquartered in Orlando, Florida, is offering a research and development paid internship for 2018 (winter, spring and summer programs available).
Our ScannerMAX division produces some of the highest-performance laser-scanning motors (galvanometers) in the world, and we are looking for individuals with a strong background in servo control systems, to work on expanding the capabilities our existing line of digital servo drivers. The resulting research and development may become a part of our existing product line and may also be the basis of a theses or other published work.
You will work alongside the company president as well as some of the most renowned software, electrical, and mechanical engineers in the laser industry. The position offers an hourly wage as well as room and board and travel from and to your country or state of origin.
Orlando could legitimately be called “the laser capital of the world” with optics-related programs at University of Central Florida (currently the second-largest university in the United States) as well as an abundance of optics and laser-related manufacturers in this area. Orlando also offers great weather all year long and has endless swimming, biking and fishing opportunities.
- Pursuing a MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or other quantitative field.
- Experience with algorithm development in C, Matlab, or other programming languages.
- Experience with digital state space and other types of servo control systems.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processors, including those from TI and Analog Devices.
- Enthusiasm for servo control systems and solving challenging problems.
- Pangolin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, disability, sex, familial status, or national origin.
- U.S. Citizenship is not required, as long as you are legally able to work in the United States.
- If you live outside of the Orlando area, Pangolin pays for air travel in both directions as well as lodging accommodations for the entire length of the internship.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest to: