ILDA Awards are considered to be one of the highest honors in the laser light show and laser entertainment industry. And at the 2016 ILDA Conference and Awards Ceremony in Baltimore, Maryland (that just concluded), Pangolin and their clients once again won the vast majority of ILDA awards received. Setting a firm precedent yet again, that Pangolin is the industry standard when it comes to laser light show equipment, and technology.
Pangolin’s new FB4 Laser Show Media Server took home the first place award for technical achievement this year. ILDA technical achievement awards recognize outstanding technologies released into the marketplace, and FB4 certainly set a new benchmark in this regard. FB4 is the world’s first “media server for laser shows” and this new network laser show control platform offers laserists a variety of new benefits, including:
- Support for all major lighting and laser protocols: Network, DMX, ArtNet, ILDA, Stand-alone with RTC (real time clock).
- Full color OLED display – for direct control of all projector settings (including colors, geometry, safety, and more).
- Convenient integration and setup options…
- FB4 can be build inside of any standard laser show projector.
- Or FB4 can be used externally, with an existing ILDA laser show projector.
When working with FB4, it makes it easy for laser show production companies to add lasers into any multimedia show setup (due to the amount of industry protocols FB4 supports). In addition, FB4 vastly reduces the amount of cabling needed to create multiple projector laser displays, while also making it easier to control more lasers, from a single control station.
FB4 also has huge implications for lighting designers who wish to work with lasers, as it makes control of a laser show from a lighting console easier than ever. Due to the fact that FB4 supports both ArtNet and DMX, and that it can be integrated directly inside of a laser show projector, it allows lighting designers to easily control lasers like a standard lighting fixture. Something our colleagues in the lighting community, have wanted for a long time.
You can find more information about FB4, using the following links below:
Pangolin’s new BEYOND laser show software, also took home the 2nd place award for technical achievement at this year’s ILDA Award Ceremony. BEYOND is a revolutionary new laser show control and design software, that is helping client’s around the world create high end professional laser and multimedia displays. The software is packed with a variety of new and exciting features, including:
- Support for all major lighting and laser protocols (ArtNet, DMX, SMPTE, MIDI, OSC, and ILDA)
- Advanced “LIVE” laser control settings
- True multi-media timeline (laser, video, DMX lighting, pyro, audio, and more)
- Powerful effect engine – with more effects possible
- Visualization support (WYSIWYG, Realizzer, Capture, Light Converse)
- Powerful color palette training system
- Enhanced geometric correction tools
- Interactive laser display engine
- Scripting and customization tools
- For custom user interfaces
- And the ability to map out any console, MIDI or DMX device
- 3D animation, drawing and modeling program
- Support for 3D Studio MAX, Cinema 4D, Blender, MAYA, etc.
- Enhanced frame editor and drawing program – Like Photoshop for lasers
- Powerful abstract generator
- Integrated Pangolin Cloud – the “iTunes” for laser shows
- With hundreds of FREE laser shows
- And thousands of FREE pieces of laser clipart available.
You can find more information about BEYOND, using the following links below:
Pangolin client’s also won the vast majority of ILDA Awards received, for laser shows, and laser productions. Awards won by Pangolin clients were in the following categories:
- Beam/Atmospheric Show – for a single XY scanner pair
- Beam/Atmospheric Show – for multiple scanner projectors
- Laser Graphic shows
- Beams and Screen shows
- Nightclub, Disco and Music Festival shows
- Corporate laser shows
- Live Stage Laser shows
- Edited Film / TV / Video laser shows
- Multimedia Laser Shows
- Laser Fine Art
- Innovative Laser Show applications
- Laser Photography
- Live “Laser Jockey” performance
Pangolin is proud of our clients who take the innovations we develop, and go out into the field creating stunning works of laser art. Below you can see professional laser entertainment companies, all of whom use Pangolin technology and took home ILDA Awards at this year’s conference:
- Dream Laser Russia
- VisuTek EU
- Maxim Ishchik
- Lightline Lasertechnik
- LaserTech Canada
- Dynamic Lasers
- ER Productions
- Future Weapons Lighting
- Illuminatus Lasers
- Visual Sensation Laser Shows and Technologies
- Lightwave International
Powered by Pangolin
Once a year, tens of thousands of people gather in Nevada’s Black Rock Desert to create Black Rock City, a temporary metropolis for the Burning Man Festival, dedicated to community, art, self-expression, and self-reliance. The Burning Man Festival is well known for bringing out some of the most creative lighting minds across the United States, to help power the event. And lasers have always been at the forefront of lighting for the Burning Man Festival, adding that special “WOW” factor to the scene.
And at this year’s 2016 Burning Man Festival, the team at Mayan Warrior Productions led by Mr. Pablo Vargas went all out, brining in state of the art laser technology that amplified the energetic feeling washing over those in attendance. This monumental laser display was no easy task though. Performing laser shows in desert conditions is never easy, and generally takes it’s toll on most production and lighting equipment due to the dusty and dry environment.
So to ensure the event went well, the team at Mayan Warrior used brought out their new fleet of Spectrum 30 Laser Projectors with the integrated Pangolin FB4 media server. These state-of-the-art laser show projectors are made for life of the road, and built to work in even the most harsh conditions. The innovative combination of OPSL and diode laser sources inside these laser show projectors also ensured that the units had the brightness needed, so that those attending the festival could see the beautiful laser beams across the desert sky.
The built-in FB4 media server also made laser show control for the event a lot easier. Mayan Warrior was able to run the lasers in a complete network setup, all from a single control station. In addition, they were also able to have the lasers run themselves (in true auto-mode) using the new real time clock feature on FB4. This allowed the team to program their laser show effects and content in Pangolin’s laser show software, and save this to the memory system on FB4. Then the lasers were able to play that content back automatically, with out any PC or console required to trigger the content. The projectors were truly able to run custom content automatically. All they required was power. This innovative feature on the FB4 helped Mayan Warrior run the show without a hitch, even in this barren area of Nevada.
Kvant Spectrum 30 Laser Show Projectors
FB4 Media Server (built into KVANT Spectrum Laser Show Projector)
BEYOND Laser Show Software